Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lost in London - Janelle

Imagine this, but with fog/clouds everywhere
London has been marvelous so far. A balmy minus 3 degrees with crystal clear skies everyday...until the day I decide to actually get a run in. I finally experienced the gloomy weather london is so famous for.
I may have had a few whiskey's last night with a group of the friendliest polish people you will ever meet! So, once I got going this afternoon, I could feel last night's liquor oozing out of my pores. We'll call them the Whiskey Sweats. I am staying in West Hampstead, so I decided to try to find Hampstead Heath. On the way, I couldn't help but notice the rubbish all over the streets. People just put bags and bags of garbage on the curb - no bins! I knew the park I was trying to find was uphill, so I just kept running up, and up and UP! Wow, my calves are killing me. I finally found the park, and the view was amazing. I would love to share it with you, but the camera I brought is far too bulky to bring on a run. Instead, I will steal from Google images ;) After I found the park, I got lost. I ended up running/walking around for over two hours in search of my couchsurfing host's flat. On my search, an old lady with a cane and a bunch of shopping bags asked me to help her cross the street. Of course I took her across, then she asked me to walk her up the hill, which I did. I ended up waiting with her at the bus stop for 10 minutes. The entire time she was babbling to herself, and I tried to make conversation, but she just ignored my attempts. Her stronghold grip on my arm was a bit startling, but i got her on the bus! Good deed of the day, check. 
I head to Russia tomorrow, but 30% of departures from Heathrow will be cancelled tomorrow! Let's cross our fingers that my flight isn't one of them.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are still training even after a night after boozing. Helping an old crazy lady out will only bring you karma. Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete