Thursday, January 26, 2012

Getting down to the nitty gritty! - Afton

Goodevening everybody! Well, It is only 65 more days till my actual race in Prague, And oh man am I excited!! I am also a tad bit scared and worried but it's my first run, so of course I'm going to be a bit nervous. My worst fear right now at this moment is.... what if I can't finish? To be honest I don't think I would be able to let myself give up at this point. I have pushed this hard to get to where I am now I HAVE to finish! So onward I march my head held high, the wind at my back, and running shoes on my feet, if only they had little wings on them so as a girl could take a break in the middle of the race ;) As the next few weeks unfold I'm sure I will see just how capable I am, starting this Sunday I'm going on some long runs with running buddy Jen. I'm sure My "long runs" will be nothing close to what she would call a long run seeing as though she just finished her full marathon in December, but I know she will wait for me when I need it, push me when I slow down and perhaps carry me back to my car at the end :) I guess what I am really trying to say is that she is such a supportive person , and I know I can count on her. So thanks in advance Jen! As for this evenings run it was a little bit chilly, but I had good company, we ran a cool 52 minutes which must have been about 8 kilometers, I'm sad to say I dont know for sure, sometimes those gps watches drop their satellites and there's not much you can do about that. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you back here next week!

2 comments:

  1. of coarse you can do it Afton. Of coarse you can! you are going to be amazing! those shoes are really cool! if only....
    wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete