Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Any drop offs for the morgue? -Afton

 Wow was it ever a hot day to be running! John totally took it easy on the group tonight, so no hills and there was a definite focus on finding shade; I will definitely not complain about that. We ran through the residential area all the way from tri-it fitness down past the morgue and back, running on the pathway next to the river.

So this was the first attempt at running 5 and 2's, I don't wanna jinx it or anything but I can tell you it felt like my legs would give out before my lungs. I'm pretty sure that I had a lot left in me, which is an awesome sign. Tibor entertained me with a story this evening about running a marathon by accident. I guess it was supposed to be a relay but he ended up on the wrong path, in turn he ran a full marathon and didn't even get a chance to train properly! All I can say is I don't want that to happen to me, so I will be triple checking the map for the right path on my half marathon.

Can't wait for Thursday to see how Janelle fairs with the extra minute tacked on to every interval I'm sure she will do great, she always does. I sure did miss her checking up on me and chatting away like usual. You better get your 6 km in tomorrow morning to keep up!


Help us reach our goal to raise money and awareness for Arthritis

1 comment:

  1. can't imagine walking in the heat let alone running. you're awesome! keep it up! Good luck Janelle!

    ReplyDelete