Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ice Ice Baby - Janelle

We're all geared up for Winter! Well, at least Afton is. She cracked open the wallet and invested in the coolest winter running wear! Little miss pinky has matching gloves and safety lights, so I better stick close to her while we run.

Anytime Fitness in hotel Arts downtown is having their two year anniversary THIS saturday. Sign up at Calgary Beltline - Anytime Fitness this Saturday and $20 of every membership will be donated in support of Joint's In Motion (Arthritis Society)! Get fit while giving back - just in time to get into the Christmas spirit! Anytime Fitness Calgary Beltline is located within the Hotel Arts Complex...see you 
there between 11 am and 6 pm for some yummy snacks and fantastic live musical performances!

Second matter of business, My singles auction raised $4000 for Joints in Motion -WOO! But we've still got a lot of work to do! Here's a photo of myself with a few friends when I had one free moment saturday night. It was a lovely night, and all our wonderful singles went for a pretty penny. We wish them luck on their dates! My fundraising partner Nicole and I are pleased with the event and hope to work together in the future.

Tonight, Afton and I ran our first 10 and 1s! John didn't even give us any warning, and we kept up pace with the rest of the group. One girl did take a fall, and my fear of slipping grew. I am getting very worried about falling on my money maker (my face ;) 
In honour of the frozen water all over the paths tonight, here is an icey ode!
Have a GREAT night Everyone! Don't forget to donate before christmas - get a tax receipt and reap the benefits in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment