Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Holidays - Janelle

It sure is tough to keep up with a training schedule during the holidays. Today, I hit the slopes at Lake Louise with a couple of very good friends instead of hitting the icy pavement. What a perfect day to ski (or snowboard)! Fresh powder throughout the day, and just a little bit of wind, made for a wonderful day free of the city's hustle and bustle.
Be sure to check out the Ice Magic Festival at Lake Louise starting January 20th!
As I have often written about before, I am a self-proclaimed starving student. I wrote my last exam last week, and I am tentatively waiting to hear my exam results. Due to my empty wallet, my dear friend Cindy offered to take me out for the Ski Day! Thank You Cindy! 
Cindy chilling on a Green run with me...I wasn't at my peak today!
It was a great way to celebrate the end of the year and school. Congratulations to every student who completed this semester with some trace of sanity! If University was easy...everyone would be doing it ;)
Live life to the fullest, enjoy every minute; even when you get knocked down and bruised.
Poor Kaley fell onto her boyfriend's snowboard - right in the shin!
My own bruise from falling on the ice Friday night! 
To leave on a nice high note - here's my favourite feel-good song!


No comments:

Post a Comment